EMPOWER Addiction Recovery

Home » Carl Jung (1875 – 1961)

Carl Jung (1875 – 1961)

Jung
Swiss psychiatrist Carl Gustav Jung was born July 26, 1875, in Kesswil, Switzerland. The only son of a Protestant clergyman, Jung was a quiet, observant child who packed a certain loneliness in his single-child status. However, perhaps as a result of that isolation, he spent hours observing the roles of the adults around him, something that no doubt shaped his later career and work.
Jung attended the University of Basel. There, he was exposed to numerous fields of study, including biology, paleontology, religion and archaeology, before finally settling on medicine. Jung graduated the University of Basel in 1900 and obtained his M.D. two years later from the University of Zurich.
Carl Jung established analytical psychology. He advanced the idea of introvert and extrovert personalities and the power of the unconscious.
The final break came in 1912 when Jung published Psychology of the Unconscious. In it, Jung examined the unconscious mind and tried to understand the symbolic meaning of its contents. In the process, the work also took head-on a number of Freud’s theories.

Adapted from:  BIO:  http://www.biography.com/people/carl-jung-9359134#synopsis

Advertisements

1. eguerrieo says:

Read and understood. Another challenger of the sexual neurosis theory of Freud.

2. JingRen says:

I agree with Jung’s theory because Freud’s theory of sexuality is too biased.

3. Fernando L Sousa says:

Carl Jung is best known for Personality Theory and creating the introvert and extrovert concept which how is someone is stimulated from their environment.

4. sheyla4801 says:

I agree with his theory and I also agree with him about freuds theory

5. JESSICA BRUNS says:

For sure Carl Jung was a brilliant person, created many Theory’s. One was “The Unconscious”, the Dream interpretation. I’m not really sure if I agree with him. In my opinion the dream is a bunch of information that still in our mind, and become alive in the dream. However doesn’t really have to mean something.

6. ezitterk says:

I’m glad of being introduced to Mr. Jung, and understand that yes there’s a psychological impact on growing observing adults behavior and that, that, may explain some persons being more introvert than others.

7. Clarisse Noubissi Tchemwe says:

Carl Junk’s theory is right because he was disagree with Freud ‘s theory about sexuality.

8. Kiana Jeanniton says:

I agree with Jung because I also disagree with freud about the sexual bias. I also think that people are either introverts or extroverts.

9. anthonymansi001 says:

I agree with Jung challenging freuds belief around sexuality being the foundation of freuds theory.